Why conduct a background check?
Reasons you may want to have a background investigation performed:
- Hiring a new employee
- Taking on a new tenant
- Making an investment
- Hiring a nanny
- Selecting a public official (i.e. police chief or fire chief)
Every full background check requires a variety of searches, scans, questions that need to be asked, and people to follow-up with. Each investigation should also be tailored to your needs. Whether that means hiring a new employee, building a relationship, working with a business partner, on a blind date, or a potential nanny, a background check can ensure that you’re making a good decision regarding the individual.
Most Common Lies We Catch
People often provide false information on the following:
- Education history and degrees
- Professional background and work history
- Licenses and professional organization membership
- Omitting prior experience to hide a grievance or lawsuit
Problems and Limitations of Online Background Checks
- Not all records are available online
- The information may not be accurate or up-to-date
- The validity of the record still needs to be verified
- Does not include checking references, past employers, degrees, etc.
Working with an Alabama Private Investigator
Working with a private investigator is the best way to ensure that the information you receive is accurate and reliable. A background check by our private investigator can also give you further insight about the person’s character through interviews and looking into the person’s professional and personal history.
Information You May Need For Our Investigation
Having as much information as possible can make the background investigation a quicker process. Some information you may want to have:
- Full name with middle initial
- Date and location of birth
- Social Security Number
- Schools attended and awarded degrees
- Past employers
Although it is ideal to have all of the above, a good investigator can research a person with very little information.
Why get a Criminal vs Complete Background Check
These are two different types of investigations.
A criminal background check is for the purpose of verifying whether an individual has a criminal record, and if so what offenses were involved.
A complete background check has a wide array of purposes including looking at all public records that are available. This can include driving records, education and employment history, and more.